Index of FAQ about Homosexuality

Related Videos:


What Organizations Help to Change People’s Sexual Orientation?

Many ministries and organizations exist to help those who wish to change their orientation away from homosexuality, such as:1

- The National Association of Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH)
- Jews Offering New Alternatives to Healing (JONAH)
- The Presbyterian organization, OneByOne
- The African-American Christian organization, Powerful Ministry Change Group
- The Mormon organization, Evergreen International
- The non-religious organizations, Gender Menders, People Can Change, and German Institute for Youth and Society

Of course, organizations also exist which help those who wish to change their sexual orientation away from heterosexuality, although they would never describe their efforts in this way. Organizations such as the GLBT National Help Center and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network provide literature designed to encourage the heterosexual to question his sexual orientation and are happy to assist and provide those questioning with support, advice, and resources. There also exists a pool of gay-affirming therapists. A former advertisement for psychotherapist Dr. Fran Brown on the website Gaylife read, “Quick therapy tips for gay men struggling with heterosexual to gay transitions, same gender parenting and coming out.”2


1. Brown, A Queer Thing, 451.
2. Ibid, 424.

Works Cited

1. Brown, Michael. A Queer Thing Happened to America. Concord: EqualTime Books, 2011.


The above comes from our book Laid Bare . Check it out!


Author: Timothy Zebell, 2015